Cycling is a great way to be healthy, active and fit with many wide ranging health benefits.
If being active was a pill we would be rushing to prescribe it. Physical activity is essential for health and reduces the risk of many preventable diseases and conditions from cancer to depression. (Public Health, England)
Let us help you:
- Look good
- Feel good, be fitter and healthier
- Achieve your goals
- Have fun and meet new, like minded people
- Develop new skills
Women's Real Spin
No experience is necessary, no special equipment is necessary, multi-ability group from beginner to intermediate.
An hours morning bike ride on mostly the ‘blue’ route and occasional bits of the ‘red route, with an instructor and guide.’
All equipment included.
Free trial session. Don’t do it alone, bring a friend!
Call the store on 01580 879694 to find out more and book.
Every Tuesday Morning
- 9.30am – 10.30am Blue Route (Leisure/Beginners Group)
- 10.45am – 11.45am Red Route (Progressive Riding)
Rhonda will be your guide for both sessions.
In the UK physical inactivity is responsible for:
- 17% of UK all-cause mortality
- 19% of colon cancers cases
- 18% of breast cancer cases
- 13% of type2 diabetes burden
- 5% of coronary heart disease burden
- Reduced life expectancy of 3-5 years
- Spend 38% more days in hospital
- Need 6% more GP visits per year
- Access 13% more specialists services than active people
Physical inactivity costs:
- The national economy £20bn per year
- The Kent economy £264m per year
What are the health benefits of cycling?
The health benefits of cycling are well documented and wide ranging. We really recommend it to people who are trying to improve their general health, as well as people who are looking to alleviate wide range of health problems.
- Regular cycling can help you loose weight and improve your fitness
- Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK
- Cycling is a low impact type of exercise, so it’s easier on your joints than running or other high-impact aerobic activities
- Someone who weighs 80kg (12st9lbs) will burn more than 650 calories with a 60 minute ride, and tone their legs and bottom
- Sleep better – Exercising outside exposes you to daylight. This helps get your circadian rhythm back in sync and also rids your body of cortisol, the stress hormone that can prevent
deep, regenerative sleep. (Professor Jim Horne, Loughborough University Sleep Research Centre / bike Radar)
- Look younger – Studies have shown that regular cyclists enjoy the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger
- Reduce the chances of chronic disease such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Improved sex life
- Improved mental health
- Stronger immune system
- Be green
Physical Activity Guidelines
RED – Inactive
- Less than 30 minutes per week
AMBER – Not meeting guidelines
- 30 – 150 minutes per week
GREEN – Active
- More than 150 minutes per week
BE ACTIVE, BE OUTDOORS, BE FIT!
Contact us now by filling out the form below or call us on 01580 879694[contact-form-7 id="973" title="Contact form 1"]