When bike-specific tools are needed, this course kicks in.
This course includes:
- Personal safety, tool and chemical handling
- Degrease, clean and lubricate
- Brakes – caliper adjustment, hydraulic brake bleeding
- Gears – cable replacement, lubrication, mech removal, replacement and positioning
- Transmission – chainset, pedal, chainring and bottom bracket removal and replacement
- Transmission – cassette and free hub removal and replacement
- Headset – a headset strip, lube and refit
- Wheels – trailside wheel truing; disc removal and replacement
- Lubrication – all items stripped and replaced through the course
- Wear and tear – managing your bike and extending component life
Please note that this course does not cover suspension maintenance, headset fitting or frame / thread facing or cutting
What you need
You should have either completed the Road and Trailside Maintenance course or have substantial personal maintenance experience and competence at the elements of the Road and Trailside Maintenance course.
This course leads towards the Fleet Maintenance course and Cytech courses.
Our courses tend be held on a 1:1 bespoke basis or for small private groups to ensure that we help you on a date that suits you and to maximise your time and learning with us.
Contact us now by filling out the form below or call us on 01580 879694[contact-form-7 id="973" title="Contact form 1"]