Cycling is a great way to be healthy, active and fit with many wide ranging health benefits.
If being active was a pill we would be rushing to prescribe it. Physical activity is essential for health and reduces the risk of many preventable diseases and conditions from cancer to depression. (Public Health, England)
Let us help you:
- Look good
- Feel good, be fitter and healthier
- Achieve your goals
- Have fun and meet new, like minded people
- Develop new skills
Women's Health Rides
Do you want to get fit? Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to do it in a fun, social and non competitive environment? Then come along to our health ride sessions!
No experience necessary!
Monday – Friday: 10am – 2pm
(during term time only)
Call the store on 01474 335 662 to find out more and book.
In the UK physical inactivity is responsible for:
- 17% of UK all-cause mortality
- 19% of colon cancers cases
- 18% of breast cancer cases
- 13% of type2 diabetes burden
- 5% of coronary heart disease burden
- Reduced life expectancy of 3-5 years
- Spend 38% more days in hospital
- Need 6% more GP visits per year
- Access 13% more specialists services than active people
Physical inactivity costs:
- The national economy £20bn per year
- The Kent economy £264m per year
What are the health benefits of cycling?
The health benefits of cycling are well documented and wide ranging. We really recommend it to people who are trying to improve their general health, as well as people who are looking to alleviate wide range of health problems.
- Regular cycling can help you loose weight and improve your fitness
- Cycling is the third most popular recreational activity in the UK
- Cycling is a low impact type of exercise, so it’s easier on your joints than running or other high-impact aerobic activities
- Someone who weighs 80kg (12st9lbs) will burn more than 650 calories with a 60 minute ride, and tone their legs and bottom
- Sleep better – Exercising outside exposes you to daylight. This helps get your circadian rhythm back in sync and also rids your body of cortisol, the stress hormone that can prevent
deep, regenerative sleep. (Professor Jim Horne, Loughborough University Sleep Research Centre / bike Radar)
- Look younger – Studies have shown that regular cyclists enjoy the general health of someone approximately 10 years younger
- Reduce the chances of chronic disease such as heart disease, diabetes and cancer
- Improved sex life
- Improved mental health
- Stronger immune system
- Be green
Physical Activity Guidelines
- Less than 30 minutes per week
Not meeting guidelines:
- 30 – 150 minutes per week
- More than 150 minutes per week
BE ACTIVE, BE OUTDOORS, BE FIT!
The Healing Zone at Cyclopark
The Healing Zone is a multi-disciplinary clinic based at Cyclopark.
Our staff have a wealth of experience and expertise within their field and can offer therapies for young children, athletes, professional people, and the elderly or just for fun exercisers.
- Sports Therapy
- Sports Massage
- Hopi Ear Candles (Thermo Auricular Therapy)
- Back/Full Body Swedish Massage
- Seated Massage
- Natural Lift Facial Massage
For more information, please visit www.the-healing-zone.co.uk
Tel: 07960 148260