In the UK physical inactivity is responsible for:
- 17% of UK all-cause mortality
- 19% of colon cancers cases
- 18% of breast cancer cases
- 13% of type2 diabetes burden
- 5% of coronary heart disease burden
- Reduced life expectancy of 3-5 years
- Spend 38% more days in hospital
- Need 6% more GP visits per year
- Access 13% more specialists services than active people
Physical inactivity costs
- The national economy £20bn per year
- The Kent economy £264m per year
If being active was a pill we would be rushing to prescribe it. Physical activity is essential for health and reduces the risk of many preventable diseases and conditions from cancer to depression. (Public Health, England)
Cycling is a great way to be healthy, active and fit with many wide ranging health benefits.
Let us help you
- Look good
- Feel good, be fitter and healthier
- Achieve your goals
- Have fun and meet new, like minded people.
- Develop new skills
We host a number of group cycling sessions that will help you achieve all of these things in a friendly, social, non-competitive environment. Call the store for more details or to book on 01580 879694.
Women only morning ride
No experience is necessary, no special equipment is necessary, multi ability group from beginner to intermediate.
An hours morning bike ride on mostly the ‘blue’ route and occasional bits of the ‘red route, with an instructor and guide.’
All equipment included.
Free trial session. Don’t do it alone, bring a friend!
Call the store on 01580 879694 to find out more and book.
Monday 10.00 – 11.00
Tuesday 10.00 – 11.00
Thursday 10.00 – 11.00